Sunday, August 17, 2008

Party of Five...Three Weeks Early

Mallory Erin Dinkel was born on Saturday, 8/16, via C-section. She weighed in at 6 lb - 8 oz and was 19" long (not bad for arriving 3 weeks early). Everyone says girls are more difficult than boys, so why should a situation like birth be any different. Mommy and Mallory are both doing well.



Brady and Drew came to visit on Sunday. Brady was smitten as soon as he saw his baby sister. You couldn't wipe the smile off of Brady's face if you wanted to - he was very excited to be the first one to hold her. Drew was a little apprehensive at first, but he warmed up to her and can already say her name. He lost interest quickly and preferred to walk the hallway on the maternity ward.

Brady has already made plans with Grandma to come back to the hospital on Monday so he can hold her again. He even had Grandma wash his "I'm The Big Brother" t-shirt so he can wear it again tomorrow.






















2 comments:

Sara said...

Yay! Congrats on the happy addition! I love the name, but of course I'm partially biased since my sister's name is her middle name! (and a good Irish name to boot!) =)

So...I see in your blog post below that you were looking at September 5th and thinking that you might have a few hours to yourself. Heh. How about I offer to come watch the kids once things settle down, and you have a Saturday or Sunday to run around by yourself or with Bryan?

Jill said...

I don't turn down babysitting offers...so, it's good that I have this in writing!