Tuesday, August 19, 2008

We're home!



Mallory and I got to check out of the hospital today. So far, she has been a great baby - at this point, that just means she eats well and sleeps pretty much all the rest of the time. However, Bryan and I know that what she does in the hospital may be nothing like she is at home! Plus, it's hard not to sleep when people are holding you all the time. Both the boys were excited to see her, so that's all we can ask for this early in the game.

For those of you who haven't heard how we ended up in the hospital, here it is. Saturday morning I felt her moving around 6 a.m. Then, by around 2 p.m. I decided I needed to call the doctor because I hadn't felt her anymore since then. Of course, he instructed me to go to the hospital to get checked. Frankly, I felt a little silly and figured we would go and be right back home. So, I took nothing with me, not even the camera. They did find her heartbeat right away, but then I had a contraction shortly after and it slowed down drastically. They wanted to monitor her after that, and after it happened a few more times, decided to admit me. Basically, I was in labor and went from 1 to 3-4 cm dilated in the short amount of time they watched. I was asked about getting an epidural and saw no reason to hold off. Bryan went downstairs for a bite to eat since they kicked him out of the room while they got the epidural going. As he was walking back in, the doctor had already made the call for a c-section and they were basically wheeling me out the door. At this point, the concern was actually that her heartbeat was having trouble recovering after the contraction, instead of during which is apparently a sign of a larger problem such as the placenta not working correctly. Needless to say, things happened very quickly and she was out by 7:17 p.m. after we arrived at the hospital around 3 p.m. I was quite surprised by how everything progressed, but feel very fortunate that I made the decision to go in and get her checked out. She looks so tiny compared to the boys, but neither of us has had any problems so now we're just adjusting to her being here about three weeks earlier than expected...It must be all the times I told people I thought she would hold off until September that did it!

5 comments:

Momma T said...

She is beautiful. Congrats!

Kelly said...

I love the outfit! She looks fabulous in it! Your blog is awesome btw.

Sara said...

She is too cute! Y'all must be so proud of your boys for loving on their sister so well. What a fun time in your lives!

tasha said...

so cute.
love the monogrammed clothing.
she should wear that for a shot on Friday.

sheree dinkel said...

Love the outfit! She sure is precious. Can't wait to meet her.