Monday, September 22, 2008

Back to Normal

I am so ready to get back to a routine!! I was hoping that school would start sometime this week, but that's not going to happen. Maybe Monday if I'm lucky... With the summer, Mallory's birth, and the hurricane, it's been a LONG time since I've had any real routine. It's nice occasionally to step outside of that, but it gets old pretty quick! Especially with how early Brady (and sometimes Drew) gets up in the morning... today he and Drew were up at 5:30 a.m. I know this because I put Mallory back in her crib at 4:30 a.m., only to lay in bed and not be able to go back to sleep until almost 6. Of course, by that time, she needed to eat again in less than an hour. This was not the start of the day I was hoping for! I knew it would be easiest to get out of the house while it was getting cleaned, but wasn't sure how it would go since I really haven't ventured out with all three kids on my own before. Thankfully, Mallory was kind and sleep in her car seat while the boys and I ate lunch and shopped at Target. We found some things to put on their xmas wish lists, and Brady found something he wanted to buy with his allowance. So, everyone was happy for the time being! By some miracle, all three of them took a nap at the same time this afternoon, and I finished up the rest of Mallory's announcements. I guess it wasn't such a bad day after all...

3 comments:

Momma T said...

You are a brave woman, but I am glad it went well.

Paisley Petals said...

That sure was a lot to do on the first trip out!

tasha said...

im ready for normal myself.
and for school to start already.. ugh!