Tuesday, September 2, 2008

First day of preschool

Brady was looking forward to his first day, so dropping him off this morning was not a problem. This is what I learned when I picked him up (without asking any questions):
1. If you get 5 greens (5 days of good behavior), then you get to pick a prize from the treasure chest. This is the first thing he told me as we were leaving his room.
2. He has his own square to sit on, and it happens to be next to his friend Seamus (who was in his class last year).
3. He felt that he needed some rest time once we got home from school. His plan was to lay down on the couch and get some "peace and quiet" since he hadn't had any today yet... he asked me at least three times to make sure that Drew left him alone once we got home.

It was a good trip picking him up because Mallory slept the whole time - what did become obvious is that I need to get familiar with all our baby "stuff" again, i.e. putting her in the carrier, putting the carrier in the stroller, using the sun shade on the stroller, etc. If you're out of practice, everything takes longer! Plus, Drew insisted he help push the stroller inside to get Brady. Anyone that has a 2 year old knows how "helpful" this really is!!

We made it home around 2:30, and Bryan got home about 6:00.... it seemed like much longer! I may have to rethink my plan of Brady not taking a nap after school. Drew and Mallory had a competition on who could cry the longest and/or loudest. I think Drew won, but by a small margin. He is just starting to understand that Mommy can't get up immediately to get what he wants... not that I did before, but it's magnified with the baby. I handled the afternoon pretty well ( in my opinion) and think my blood pressure is probably back to normal. Good thing I'm still "taking it easy" after the c-section.

Tomorrow is Drew's first day, so we'll see how that goes!

No comments: