Tuesday, September 9, 2008

One of THOSE days...

I thought today would be a relaxing day around the house. Julie was going to take Brady to school and bring him home, since she is now teaching in one of the rooms at Brady's school.

I guess I should have known what type of day it would be when I got up with Mallory at 3:15 a.m. Most times, she will eat and pretty much go back to sleep. Not today, though! I was up with her until 6:00 a.m. She wasn't wide awake, just wouldn't go back to sleep enough to be put in her crib... When she got up again at 7:00 a.m., I opted to sit with her in the recliner after I got her back asleep for the twentieth (or so) time. Not surprisingly, I fell asleep and woke back up at 7:55. No problem, I thought. I just have to make Brady's lunch and make sure he gets dressed. However, when I went into the kitchen I noticed that there was a message on the answering machine. Guess who? Julie saying that Zack is sick, so I will need to take Brady to school. Needless to say, having enough time to get Brady ready is NOT enough time to get Drew dressed and fed, myself dressed, and Mallory fed. Anyone who knows me knows that I hate to be late, even for a good reason, so I was rushing around trying to do a million things at once.

I got Brady off to school and came home - Drew was plesant enough, but Mallory was pretty fussy this morning, and the few times I was able to put her down didn't last long. Then, she proceeded to spit up most of one of her bottles down the front of my shirt...literally. Her mouth must have been perfectly positioned over the opening at the neck and I could feel it running down my chest... so disgusting!

Thankfully, the rest of the day was pretty uneventful. We'll see how she does tonight!

1 comment:

Sheree Dinkel said...

Rough day girl! Hope today is better. :-)