Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Boys' room

My next big project around the house is going to be the boy's room. I was happy to finally find some bedding I like today. I bought it for one bed and am planning on getting Mary's help to make something for the other. I have pretty much decided on bunk beds but am not having a lot of luck finding ones I want to pay for. I've looked around online quite a bit and went to Rooms to Go today. I can find some for a decent price, but not in the natural color that would go with the furniture in their room. I love the dark wood, but I'm just not sure I could live with it next to their dresser and storage unit that are so light!

I'm seriously considering having a garage sale to get rid of a bunch of stuff. Who's going to talk me out of it? Heather? I know it's a lot of work, but I haven't had much luck recently trying to sell things on craigs list, and I feel like if I make the effort to do the garage sale, I will feel better about giving away the things that don't sell.

We're going to be pretty busy the next few weeks, so my hope is to find beds soon so that I can start painting and getting rid of stuff right after Easter. Somewhere in there I'm going to work on my niece's baby album, too. No shortage of stuff to do, that's for sure!

3 comments:

Paisley Petals said...

Heather's not the one to talk you out of it...I'm your best bet. BUT I'd actually be willing to find some (lots of) stuff to put in your sale....so I'm not going to discourage you! Let me know how much time I have!!!!

Jill said...

If I do it, it will be the weekend after Easter.

Momma T said...

I am torn on garage sales. I like them, but they are tons of work. I think you would do great with a garage sale though, you wont wait until the night before to organize and price everything!