Saturday, August 28, 2010

Household happenings

It's been a hectic couple of days! Yesterday, I went to exercise, took Drew and Mallory to meet their teachers, and then took Mallory for her 2 year check-up. She did NOT want to be weighed and demonstrated her displeasure. I finally got her to stand on the scale long enough to see she weighs 28 pounds. Her height came out at 38 inches. She was cooperative for the measurement, but I'm not sure I believe it because that's how tall Drew is. They are close in size, but I don't think she's quite his height yet. She was good for the rest of the visit, which surprised me :)

This morning was a birthday party for one of Brady's classmates from last year. I came home for an hour or so, and then went to the local scrapbook store to "work" the garage sale for a couple hours. I bought half a table of space to sell some of my stuff, and I was pleasantly surprised to discover only one thing left when I got there this afternoon! I did price it generously - I didn't want to bring anything back home! Sometime on Monday I will be able to find out how much I made. I don't get the actual cash, but I get a gift card to the store which is just as good...LOL. I scoped out the store today to get an idea of what I would like to buy when I return!

Mallory is still deciding whether or not she will give up naps. She took one today, but she has now been in her crib for an hour and is still awake :( We'll see how school starting this week will affect her. Brady enjoyed his first week of school and was excited to find out that baseball practice starts this week. Drew says he is ready to start school, too, but I'll believe it when I see it!

No comments: