Thursday, August 12, 2010

I'm so excited...

to be done with this layout! It is all digital, done with photoshop on the computer. I wanted to work on a project while I was taking my class, to see what kind of questions I might run into that my teacher could answer :) This is a scraplift, i.e. I copied someone else's layout. I bought the digital kit that had all the papers, embellishements, and letters I needed. However, I did all the work by myself, from scratch - no template. In case you haven't noticed, this layout is very involved. It had over 70 layers (each picture, letter, frame, etc. is on it's own layer), so I had to be careful about naming each layer to keep everything straight, especially when I was placing the pictures in the frames. But, it was a great choice because I was able to use many of the things I've learned in class and also to refresh my memory of some things I learned in the class last summer.

I was just looking at the two digital layouts Karen posted, and I realized something about scrapbooking digitally. In some respects, it can save you time. If you are only scrapping one picture with only a few elements, it can be quick and easy because there is no cutting, adhering, etc. But, in the case of something with MANY elements, it can eat up a large chunk of your time...LOL. That's ok - I'm happy with the final result!

* remember to click on the layout to see it bigger, otherwise get out your magnifying glass!

2 comments:

Paisley Petals said...

Seems like that would have taken alot of time to make that layout in the traditional format too!

My layouts in real life would definitely have been much faster than yours in real life, too :)

Jill said...

Yeah, it would definitely take a lot of time either way! At least I didn't have to drag anything out to work on it...