Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Household update!

Took Mallory to the doctor this morning... her eyes have been red the past two days, and I was afraid they would turn her away at school tomorrow if I didn't get them checked out.  Of course, the doctor thinks it's probably viral, but gave me a prescription for eye drops anyway.  Apparently, if she did have a bacterial infection, it spreads like wildfire, so it's better to be safe than sorry.  Sounds great, EXCEPT that I have to figure out how to get those stupid drops in her eyes! lol  At least when she was doing ear drops, she couldn't close her ears!

Brady had his first baseball practice last night.  His practices are at 7:30 p.m. on Mondays and Fridays - certainly not the greatest of times OR days, but I think he's got a great coach, so that should make up for it. He spent some time with the parents telling us the rules in this particular division and went over some of the fundamentals he is teaching the kids.  I hope that Brady will learn a lot from him.  It's good for Bryan, too, because the coach already has four other guys helping him.  Bryan is always willing to help out, but he will be traveling quite a bit during the season, so it's good that they don't need him this time around.  Oh, the other great thing is that Brady is playing with two other kids he's been on teams with before - one of which lives directly across the street!  That will definitely be helpful on those practice nights where Bryan is gone, and I'm not thrilled over picking up Brady from practice so late at night when Drew and Mallory should be in bed.

I've been sticking to my 2011 goals - drinking less coke, more water, eating less, and exercising more.  I've only weighed myself twice, and I didn't like what it said the second time around.  Maybe this Friday will be more what I'm expecting... I learned early on with Weight Watchers that it often doesn't say what we want or expect, so I don't worry about it too much. But, certainly, if I'm putting in some effort, it would be nice to notice it on the scale!

No comments: