Saturday, April 2, 2011

Australia, Day Three

Thankfully, the weather cooperated this day for our bike tour of Sydney.  I will say that the bike riding part was definitely more strenuous than I expected... I consider myself to be in pretty good shape, although bike riding is certainly not a part of my routine. lol  Also, it would have been helpful if I knew how to use gears on a bike!  I have never owned a bike with gears, so that was foreign to me... I'm sure the few hills we encountered would have been easier if I had been using the gears correctly.  Having said that, it was a good way to see a lot of different sites in a few hours time.  Some we had seen before, but many were new to us :)




 Archibald's Fountain in Hyde Park

St. Mary's Cathedral

The "money" shot of both the bridge and Opera House.
Apparently, a lot of marriage proposals take place here!


The noise coming from this tree was incredible...
not birds, though, bats!


Later this day, we headed back to Sydney airport to fly to Cairns.  The flight was delayed an hour, and we were pretty exhausted by the time we were finally able to board.  The interesting part was that we actually walked out on the tarmac, up the stairs, and entered the plane from the rear.  Can't say I've ever done that before!  

Bryan finished up his work at the first of two BP refineries he was visiting, and took his own flight from Brisbane to Cairns.  We got to the airport within 30 minutes or so of each other, so it worked out well.


No comments: