Monday, August 22, 2011

First Day of School

The day couldn't have started off any better.  The boys didn't fight or whine this morning while getting dressed.  Drew said he was a little nervous, but didn't complain about getting ready for his first day.  We snapped a few photos and made our way over to the school.  I got a great parking spot and dropped both boys off with no tears!




Pics of their backpacks, per their request :)



A little first day treat for the teachers...

The "apples" are rice krispie treats with strawberry
jello added in, a tootsie roll stem and laffy taffy leaves.


I can only hope that picking up the boys from school and hearing about their day will be as positive as our experience this morning!

2 comments:

Paisley Petals said...

They turned out cute! Do they taste good?

Jill said...

I didn't like them as much as regular rice krispy treats. I think next time I will try with food color instead of adding jello.