Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Fun little project

I've been keeping my eye out for something to put on Mallory's new dresser.  I had a few ideas and had pretty much settled on some type of jewelry tree, when I rediscovered this at Hobby Lobby -

I knew it was WAY too green, but figured I could fix that :)

I used the brown paint I had left over
from the tree I painted on Mallory's wall...

Had Bryan hang it on the wall,
and put her jewelry on it!

It's hard to tell from the picture, but the three flowers are on dowel rods, so they sit a few inches off the tree.  Because of the way it is hung on the wall, the branches are not actually touching anything, so I'm able to use those, too.  I'm pretty happy with it, especially for how inexpensive it was and how little time I put into the project!

No comments: