Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Today didn't start off as well, but that's to be expected.  I think it's going to be a long week because the boys already looked pretty darn exhausted this morning!  Drew kept telling me he didn't get enough sleep... not sure what I was supposed to do about that. lol

Neither was thrilled with their day yesterday.  Brady said, "We did work.  All. Day. Long!" as if he couldn't believe his teacher had the audacity to do "real" work on the first day.  Drew looked relieved to see me when I picked him up.  He said he cried three times while at school.  Honestly, if he had made it the whole day without crying at all, I would have been really impressed! I didn't get a note from the teacher, so my assumption is that it wasn't too bad.  I'm certain she's used to her kindergarteners crying on the first day :)  I challenged him this morning to try not to cry at all.  He said, "How about I cry LESS than three times?" To which I said, "How about not at all?"  He also reported that he didn't make any friends yet. Talk about a knife to Mommy's heart! Not that I'm really concerned, hopefully it will just take a few days for him to get comfortable and make some friends.

Teacher's Pet - Heather Roselli & Tracey Howard
stars - Look at Me by Misty Cato
Cindy's layered templates - Set 102

No comments: