Saturday, September 17, 2011

Toy Overhaul

I always purge some of our toys each fall as I start Christmas shopping and thinking about where the kids will put all their new crap stuff!  But, I really had an urge yesterday to make a dent in the number of toys in our playroom.  While I love that we have a lot of storage, I also hate it because it allows the kids to hold onto tons of toys.  I decided to make three piles - things to sell, things to give away, and things to put away temporarily.  I think it's time for the play kitchen to go, so it's #1 on my list of things to sell.  In it's place we now have a new storage area for legos.


Bryan and I worked for a couple hours to
organize the legos.  This container has minifigure
pieces only... heads, hair, torsos, legs, etc.  
Brady & Drew had a field day today making new "guys"! 

Legos that are completely assembled 
have a place on the shelf.

I finally bought some more doll stands
to display the rest of Mallory's doll collection.

What I am giving away... so far.
I haven't touched the boys' room yet,
but don't plan to until they are at school. lol

Of course, this was a neater pile until Mallory made her way her through to play with things she hasn't touched in the last six months.

1 comment:

Paisley Petals said...

B's school is having a fundraiser yard sale this weekend if you want me to take the giveaway stuff off your hands.