Saturday, April 7, 2012

It's almost Easter!

We had a lot going on this week, so it was tough to find time to color our eggs.  I was thinking we would wait until today, then I realized that Drew and Mallory had a soccer game and Brady had baseball practice.  Waiting until after dinner when everyone has spent some time out in the sun didn't seem wise.  Considering Mallory's behavior at the moment, that was a smart move on my part.  Instead, we worked on them yesterday afternoon after we got home from Kate's birthday party.





We (really just me) dyed these eggs using silk ties.
I was a little disappointed by how dull they turned
out, but the patterns are cool.

This one, however, was just what I was hoping for!
Here are the directions I followed - silk dyed eggs

Some of the finished product :)

No comments: