Saturday, May 12, 2012

Inspired by Pinterest

Here are a few things I've done in the past week or so.  All were ideas that I pinned on Pinterest - love it!  The first project was to get the kids' school stuff organized.  I saw this idea and immediately knew I would do it - you just make a file box for each child, and then have a hanging file for each year.  I have started a school scrapbook for Brady (and will do one for Drew & Mallory) but I hadn't decided where to put all the extras - class picture, report card, papers I saved, etc.  I think this is a great system for all that extra stuff!

Read about it here


This week was teacher appreciation week.  While I don't feel obligated to send something every day, I do like to send a little something and prefer if it's at least a bit homemade.  I ended up sending different gifts for Mallory's teachers - we received a sheet with their "favorites" on it, and I really try to come up with something that I know they will use!

Starbucks gift card (credit here)

I'm "soda"lighted to have you as my teacher!
(credit here)

I'm so fortunate to have you as my teacher! (credit here)
These were for Brady and Drew's teachers.  I filled them with
fortune cookies and a gift card to Bath & Body Works.

I tried to make fortune cookies out of paper - I found several set of instructions online. However, after I wasted two sheets of paper trying to fold the things correctly... I gave up!  Perhaps working on them late at night wasn't the best idea.

No comments: