Saturday, August 25, 2012

It's almost here...

the first day of school, that is!  Brady will be starting 3rd grade, while Drew will be in 1st grade.  Drew did not get the teacher that Brady had in 1st grade, which I think is a good thing.  I was disappointed to see that none of his buddies from last year are in his class, but we went to meet the teacher on Friday, and he did see some familiar faces.  Brady was excited to find out he got the teacher he was hoping for! He will actually have two teachers - one for language arts, and one for math, science, and social studies.  None of his good friends from last year are in his class either, but by now he knows most everyone in his grade, so he's not worried :)  I think the hardest part of going back will be for Drew to get back in the routine.  He will be exhausted by the end of the school day, so it will take some time for him to get used to it.

I've put some things together for Monday - a few teacher gifts, plus "signs" for the boys to hold while taking their first-day-of-school pics.


I found these pails, note cards, and sticky notes
in the dollar bin at Target back in May.  I threw in some
hand soap and called it done! 

The note says - "Looking forward
to a "fruit"ful year in your classroom!" 

Brady has the only male teacher in the school,
so I had to come up with a little something different
for him :)  He is getting this note with a few
lottery tickets attached.

The boys have told me that I do not need to walk them in on the first day.  I was expecting that from Brady, but was a little surprised to hear it from Drew. Brady was reassuring Drew that he would walk him to his room, but Drew was pretty adamant that he can do it on his own.  

No comments: