Saturday, September 15, 2012

Halloween is coming!

If you are reading this, you probably already know that I plan things way in advance. lol  We normally start talking Halloween in August, which really means I start thinking of ideas to present to the kids in the hopes I can get them to agree to something.  I thought last year might be my last successful year of getting them all to "go" together, but this year is looking promising!  We had decided on the 3 Musketeers, but I finally gave up that idea because I could not find costumes I was happy with.  So, I went back to our original idea which is an Egyptian theme.  FYI - Party City is running their costumes 30% off right now if you spend $50.  That sealed the deal, so I ordered our costumes and they are on their way!

Friday night we went out to dinner as a family, and we ended up stopping by one of the local Halloween stores afterwards.  Mallory picked out a snake armband/bracelet and Drew got the makeup for his mummy costume.  Brady was looking for a dagger, but they didn't have what we were looking for, so I promised him another trip elsewhere in a couple weeks.  What the store did have, however, was a large section of wigs - many of them marked as testers.  The kids (and Bryan) had a lot of fun trying them on :)

These are by no means great pictures, but they are worth saving anyway!









No comments: