Sunday, September 16, 2012

Sunday baseball

For the next eight weeks, we will be spending Sunday afternoons at the ballpark.  All of Drew's games are at 1 p.m.  Most of Brady's are either at 3 p.m. or 5 p.m.  I was hoping for a little bit cooler weather than what it was today, but at least the rain held off.



We all got to sit down and watch Drew's game today since there was no conflict with Brady's.  He got to be the "pitcher" in one of the innings, so I got a few pics of him in action.





Brady was excited because he got to pitch for the first time today.  I was a little bit nervous for him, knowing that he had practiced with Bryan, but had never pitched with a batter at the plate.






Suffice it to say I know next to nothing about pitching, but I think his mechanics need some work.  Let's be honest, though - considering it was his first time, I think the fact that he didn't hit anyone, there were only a few that got past the catcher, and he threw SOME strikes qualifies as a success!  He did throw a lot of balls, but I think he's off to a good start :)  He definitely enjoyed it and plans to pitch again.

No comments: