Sunday, November 18, 2012

Disneyworld, here we come!

We all arrived in Orlando Thursday night.  Our first stop other than our hotel was dinner at Chef Mickey.  It was a character dinner, meaning some of the Disney characters circulated during dinner, taking pictures and signing autographs.  Mallory was very excited to meet everyone.  We saw Donald, Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, and Pluto.Goofy was the best - there was an empty seat at our table, and he sat in it.  He put his napkin in his shirt as if he was sitting down to eat, then stole Mallory's plate and pretended to eat her food.  The kids thought that was pretty funny :)

Unfortunately, Brady got sick to his stomach towards the end of dinner and threw up in the bathroom.  He felt better afterwards and chalked it up to eating too much.  The next morning, he seemed fine.

Friday was our first day at Magic Kingdom.  We got to the park early and had another character meal.  This time the kids had autograph books.  I asked if they wanted them before our trip, and they said no.  Of course, once they saw some of the characters and saw that their cousins had autograph books, they wanted them.   After breakfast, we headed for Big Thunder Mountain Railroad.  It is Bryan's favorite ride from his childhood, and he was excited to take the kids on it.  Brady loved it. Mallory cried for the first part, then started enjoying it about halfway through.  Drew said he liked it but opted not to go again.  The rest of the morning we spent riding Haunted Mansion, Jungle Cruise, Pirates of the Caribbean, and Peter Pan's Flight. After lunch, things started to go downhill.  Brady was feeling sick to his stomach again, so much so that he asked to come back to the hotel.  Grandma was nice enough to offer to come back with him, and the rest of us stayed at the park a few more hours.  We rode some of the rides designed more for Luke and Mallory, like Winnie the Pooh, Dumbo, and the carousel.  We were also able to ride one of the new attractions in Fanastyland - Ariel's Undersea Adventure. 

We came back to the hotel late afternoon, and had dinner here.  Brady slept off and on for most of the afternoon and ate very little.  It was very bizarre - the fact that he felt fine that morning, and was sick again by the afternoon.  All we could do was hope he would be feeling better in the morning!

No comments: