Sunday, December 30, 2012

Christmas: captured through the lens

I've had some fun the last two days going through the first couple lessons in my latest photography class by Katrina Kennedy.  One thing I learned really quickly - the placement of my tree stinks for pictures.  Sure, it looks nice from outside, but the buffet is totally in the way because it sticks out so far on the wall.  Maybe my next house will have the perfect place?  This location was really good when the kids were younger... out of sight, out of mind for them, but I would see it everytime I was in the kitchen or driving up to the house.

First assignment - creating bokeh (blurred lights)
This is definitely an artistic look. It's fun to see the different effects you can get.
How awesome is it that I just bought this tree last month and the lights near the top
are already out?? Bummer!

 


Creating starbursts



My living room tree



Something else fun to play with - zooming in and out
with the focus ring on the lens while the shutter on the camera is open.


Now, let's add some people!
I wish this one of Drew was in better focus, but I still love it :)
He was playing on his ds while I fiddled with the camera settings.

These last two are probably my favs!


I also tried to get a silhouette of Brady next to the tree but I wasn't thrilled with how any of those came out... maybe next year. lol

No comments: