Monday, January 14, 2013

A new year, a new adventure

It's been over eight years since I started jazzercise.  I loved it from the beginning, and my enthusiasm for it hasn't lessened over the years.  My instructors have been trying to talk me into getting certified to teach almost as long as they've known me.  I've never really considered it before, mainly because of the kids.  Now that they are getting older, I have a bit more time to work with, and I've decided to go for it!

What does that mean, you ask? A few things... I need to get CPR certified, I have to pass a health/fitness exam, and I have to attend a workshop the first weekend in March where I will audition (i.e. perform a few of the 10 routines I am required to learn).  I just got my materials this past week and am in the process of learning the routines.  Most of them are familiar to me, meaning we've done them in class before.  The big thing for me is to get comfortable on stage. So, I've started going on stage with the instructor for a few songs during class. I'm not teaching anything yet, just trying to get used to being up there :)

So far, the hardest part was cutting the check for the franchise fee. lol  There is no doubt in my mind that this will be a journey, though, with some bumps along the way.  If I thought it was going to be easy, I would have done it long ago!  All I know to do is put in the hard work and hope for the best.  I don't think I'm going to be great at it right away, but I hope to be great... eventually :p

No comments: