Saturday, May 4, 2013

Parties galore!

Mallory has been to a party five weekends in a row.  Four of them were classmates from school - I was amazed that we were able to fit them all in with Brady's baseball schedule!  They were all different, too, which was nice... not sure I could have tolerated several visits in a row to Chuck E. Cheese, lol.

Her friend Landon had a science party last Saturday, and the kids had a blast!  They were able to do several experiments on their own, and Landon's dad did some they were able to just watch.  I think making flubber was definitely a big hit -






Today was Sophia's pool party.  A bit of a traumatic day for Mallory... She got into the hot tub as I was blowing up her ring (she wore it all last summer in the pool to keep her afloat) and proceeded to slide off the ledge and go underwater.  She was flailing around, and luckily I was able to grab her without going in myself.  Half an hour later, one of the other moms wasn't as fortunate and had to jump in the big pool in her clothes :(  Not surprisingly, Mallory pretty much stayed out of the water after that.  But, they did have an inflatable slide/bouncy house she played in, and there was also someone making balloon animals so it wasn't a total loss.

She LOVES to be silly with Sophia!

Her balloon bunny (hard to see in the picture, but I was impressed)

Enjoying a snack with Sophia's little brother

Unfortunately, she got a splinter in her foot that we have yet to get out.  She let me pick at it some, but I had no luck - it's very visible, but not close to the surface.  We tried a couple times later, and she was a mess... even holding her down it was nearly impossible to even attempt to remove it.  I finally decided to let her sleep on it and reevaluate in the morning!

No comments: