Sunday, June 30, 2013

Time to part-ay!!

Drew was definitely counting down the days to his party this weekend.  He invited five friends for a sleepover, although one ended up not making it.  Let me just say this - I knew it would be crazy, but I was not prepared for that level of craziness! lol

We started off with cake and ice cream. I thought it wise to get the sugar in them early and give them time to run it off.  The next activity was building lego cars. Everyone had a bag of legos in their treat "bag," with instructions to build a specific car.  Thankfully Brady and a couple other older boys were available to help when needed.  Once the cars were done, we had a series of races.  The funny thing is that Drew's car ended up being the best, with only a few exceptions... couldn't have planned that better if I'd tried!  BTW - in case you are wondering, Drew decided we need to paint the track, and he and Mallory did most of the handiwork :)

Next, to the backyard for some water fun! The slip n slide left a lot to be desired, but the boys still had fun.  They also did water balloons and made use of our water gun collection.  The balloons were literally gone in the blink of an eye - I took a few pics but none were great.  

We came back inside for dinner, Drew opened his presents, we played a little lego bingo, and then we set the boys up with their sleeping bags in the playroom around 10 p.m.  Around 9:30 p.m. we were at the table playing bingo and Drew asked his friends, "How come none of you are tired??" lol

I put on a lego movie for them to watch once they were in the playroom.  Drew was the first to fall asleep around 11 p.m. and that was only after I stood watch for 5-10 minutes so he could have a couple minutes of peace and quiet.  Most of the boys were asleep by midnight, and they were up again this morning at 6:30 a.m.  They mainly did their own thing this morning, although we did go outside to do a lego relay and toss.  By that time, it was almost time to go home, and they were happy to pull out their cars and race again until their parents came at 10 a.m.  

No comments: