Saturday, August 31, 2013

First week of school

Well, we made it through the first week! Drew and Mallory were definitely exhausted by Friday - Brady was tired, too, but I think he fared a bit better.  Here is the project life page I did from the first day...

Click on it to read the journaling about their actual first day.  I think it's fair to say that everyone had a good week back, with one exception.  Mallory came home two different days and had to go potty so bad that she couldn't make it to the bathroom. After a conversation with her, I came to realize that she hadn't gone to the potty all week at school! (this was Thursday already). She was afraid that the toilets were self-flushing and didn't want to use them (or that's what her excuse was at that moment, anyway). I emailed her teacher who took her into the bathroom the next morning and showed her that they were, in fact, old school toilets where you have to flush them yourself.  Crisis averted!

I also did this layout before school started to show off Cindy's new journaling cards that released last weekend -

No comments: