Saturday, March 8, 2014

Houses

Our new house is coming along well! Roof is on, and they have started putting up some of the drywall. I expect the brick to go up soon, hopefully this week.  When I asked, I was told we should expect to move in sometime between the end of May and mid June.  I'm still crossing my fingers that it will be done before school is out... but certainly not depending on it!



Our current house is under contract... again.  The first three offers fell through, then we had three at the same time and signed #5.  So far, so good.  The inspection is Monday morning - I feel like that's the last major obstacle.  Assuming this contract is the one, we'll need to be out of the house by April 3.  It looks like we'll be moving into a 2 bedroom apartment in the area and putting the majority of our stuff in storage.  I've got the apartment narrowed down to a few choices, I'm planning to put a deposit down later this week once we haggle over the inspection and the option period is over.

No comments: